Winter in Bath is a great time for a festive holiday where you can experience the city’s famous Roman baths, historic Bath Abbey and Pulteney Bridge, amongst many other attractions.
One of the highlights of Bath at this time of the year is the Christmas markets held near Bath Abbey. In the guide, I list several hotels near Bath Christmas Market, covering all budgets for 2023.
Hotels near Bath Christmas Market 2023
Bath is a city teeming with historic attractions, green spaces, museums and galleries and is one of the most desirable winter destinations in the UK. It is definitely worth visiting at any time, but it’s particularly cosy during Christmas.
I recommend staying as close to Bath Abbey as possible to ensure you’re in the heart of the action.
Address: 3 North Parade Passage, Bath, United Kingdom
Eight is one of Bath’s most stylish hotels and it opens up directly onto festive Bath and the Christmas markets. The spacious rooms have plenty of natural light, large beds and traditional English-style bathrooms. The location is perfect if you want to be at the centre of everything in Bath.Check Availability
Location of Eight Hotel
Classic yet Quirky Hotel
Broad Street Townhouse
Address: 32-33 Broad Street, Bath
Distance to the Christmas market: 5-minute walk, 0.2 miles.
This wonderful, quirky small hotel is close to the Christmas markets being only a 5-minute walk away and near the famous Pulteney Bridge. This hotel is renowned for its excellent breakfast and friendly service. The rooms are uniquely styled with plush furnishings and homely touches.
Location of Broad Street Townhouse
Budget Hotel in Bath
The Z Hotel Bath
Address: 7 Saw Close, Bath
Distance to the Christmas market: 4-minute walk, 0.2 miles.
Surrounded by some of the best cafes, restaurants and bars in Bath, The Z Hotel is only 4 minutes from the Roman Baths and the festive decorations on Kingston Parade. The rooms are simple and clean but might be on the small side for some people. Strangely, some rooms don’t have windows, so read the room description carefully before you book. However, these rooms are cheaper, though, depending on your priorities. This could be a good budget hotel option.
Location of the Z Hotel
Hiding Space Apartment
Address: Bilbury Lane, Bath, UK
Distance to the Christmas market: 2-minute walk, 0.1 miles.
If you would like to stay in an apartment in Bath, Hiding Space is one of the best options near Bath Christmas Market, Abbey Green and Bath Abbey. The apartment is located on Bilbury Lane, a small historic laneway in the centre of Bath and close to all of the city’s sights, museums, restaurants, bars, bakeries and thermal spas. Set in the Bath behind the Thermae Spa and near The Roman Baths, Hiding Space – St Catherine’s Hospital Apartments features a garden, a well-fitted kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with free toiletries. An oven and coffee machine are also provided. This is a great option if you would like more space and privacy than what you would find in a hotel, along with being great value for money.
Location of Hiding Place
Spa Hotel in Bath City Centre
The Gainsborough Bath Spa
Address: Beau Street, Bath
Distance to the Christmas market: 3-minute walk, 0.1 miles.
Located in a beautiful Georgian-era building, the hotel is wonderful not only for its location near the Christmas markets and Bath’s famous Roman Baths but also has its own thermal bath, the only type in the UK. The pool and spa is probably the best reason to stay here, but the luxury facilities and services really do make it worthwhile if the hotel is within your budget.
Location of the Gainsborough
Luxury Hotel near Pulteney Bridge
No 15 by GuestHouse
Address: 3-15 Great Pulteney Street, Bath, UK
Distance to the Christmas market: 7-minute walk, 0.3 miles.
No.15 by GuestHouse is located on the other side of Pulteney Bridge but is still near the Christmas markets at a 7-minute walk away. It’s a wonderful luxury hotel with an incredible design and high-end features. This is one of Bath’s most unique hotels, known for its excellent service, high standards and quiet location near Pulteney Bridge.
Location of No 15 by GuestHouse
For travel inspiration and travel planning, read my guide to Bath Christmas Market that includes dates and opening times
Additionally, this list of the best Christmas markets 2023 UK edition has more ideas on where to go over the holidays.
For a comprehensive guide to all Bath has to offer, Visit Bath is a valuable resource. It’s packed with details on diverse activities, sightseeing spots and upcoming events, making it an essential tool for planning your Bath visit to the fullest.
Responsible Travel Tips
Here are a few ideas on how we can travel more responsibly in Bath.
- Opt for Renewable Energy: When choosing your hotel in Bath, consider options with a commitment to renewable energy. Some establishments harness solar power, use energy-efficient lighting, or employ other green initiatives, which can greatly reduce your carbon footprint during your stay.
- Minimise Food Waste: Be conscious of your consumption at local restaurants and markets. Ordering only what you can eat and taking leftovers for later are two simple ways to reduce food waste. Some eateries in Bath even donate their excess food to local charities, reducing waste and contributing positively to the community.
- Use Sustainable Transport: Bath is a city that can be explored on foot or by bicycle, reducing the reliance on vehicles. The city also has an excellent public transport system, including buses and trains, that are a greener alternative to taxis or personal cars.
- Avoid Flying if Possible: While flying may be more convenient, particularly for international visitors, consider alternatives like trains for domestic or European travel. Bath is well-connected by rail, making it a practical and more environmentally friendly choice.
- Support the Local Community: Seek out locally owned businesses for your shopping, dining, and sightseeing needs. Whether you’re buying from a stall at the Christmas market, dining at a local café, or purchasing artisan crafts, each purchase you make contributes to Bath’s local economy and supports the community.
If you have questions or want to leave a hotel review, please do so in the comments.
Recommendations are independently chosen based on personal travel experiences and extensive research. This post contains affiliate links to hotels in Bath, England. This means I get a small commission from any bookings at no extra cost to you.