Dublin becomes a festive city in December when many popular shopping streets and squares are decorated with Christmas lights and fancy baubles. The Christmas markets are becoming popular, and the main market is the Mistletown Christmas Festival.
In this guide, I recommend hotels near Dublin Christmas Market that are conveniently located, highly rated, and have excellent value for money.
Hotels near Dublin Christmas Market
Mistletown, one of Dublin’s popular Christmas markets, is situated at the indoor market on St Michan’s Street. This indoor facility, typically used for fruit and vegetable sales, is magically transformed in December to provide visitors with a memorable and festive experience.
Additionally, the Dublin Castle Christmas market is another must-visit destination that offers visitors a variety of traditional alpine-style stalls, unique crafts, and delicious seasonal treats.
If you’re planning a trip to Dublin during the holiday season, staying near O’Connell Street is an excellent choice in the heart of the city, offering easy access to Dublin’s popular Christmas markets.
Top PickZanzibar Locke
Address: 34 Ormond Quay Lower, Dublin, Ireland
Zanzibar Locke is located near O’Connell Street in the heart of Dublin City Centre. The hotel is an 8-minute walk to the Christmas markets and the same distance to the Spire. A quick walk across the bridge and you’ll be a short distance to Dublin Trinity College and all the sights in that area of Dublin. The hotel rooms are bright, light and modern with timber floorboards and thoughtful features like throw rugs and there is a good size gym. Zanzibar Locke is excellent value for money.Check Availability
Location of Zanzibar Locke
Unfortunately, things can and do go wrong when you travel. World Nomads offers coverage for more than 150 activities as well as emergency medical, lost luggage, trip cancellation and more.
World Nomads provides travel insurance for travellers in over 100 countries. As an affiliate, we receive a fee when you get a quote from World Nomads using this link. We do not represent World Nomads. This is information only and not a recommendation to buy travel insurance.
Next Best Hotels
Hampton by Hilton Dublin Four Courts
Address: 25 Chancery Street, Smithfield, Dublin
If a hotel near the Christmas market is your priority, you can’t get closer by staying at the Hampton by Hilton. The hotel is literally one street away from St Michan’s St, the location of the indoor market. The hotel is one of the best budget hotels in Dublin, as it has spacious rooms that are very simple but clean. The hotel does not use single-use plastic; they make efforts to reduce and recycle waste and offset a portion of their carbon footprint.
Hard Rock Hotel
Address: Dublin 2 18 Exchange Street Upper, Dublin
Across the river from Dublin Christmas Market is the uniquely designed Hard Rock Hotel. The hotel is modern and clean, with comfortable beds, excellent facilities and less than a 10-minute walk to the Christmas market. This hotel is very highly rated near The City Hall, Dublin Castle and Button Factory.
The Hendrick Smithfield
Address: Smithfield Hendrick Street, Dublin
A little bit further away is The Hendrick Smithfield, a lovely boutique hotel in Dublin. There are a number of excellent cafes, bars and restaurants in this area, and it’s only 800 metres or 10 minutes from the Christmas market. The tram is at your door if you’re looking for a convenient way to get around Dublin, but you can also walk to a number of the city’s popular sights. For example, the Jameson Distillery is just around the corner.
For more information on visiting Dublin at Christmas, read our complete guide to Dublin Christmas Market that includes dates, times, locations and what to expect.
Where to Stay in Dublin
When looking for where to stay in Dublin, many neighbourhoods offer visitors a unique experience. Here are some of the best areas to stay in Dublin for visitors who are looking to book a boutique hotel:
- St. Stephen’s Green – This area is located in the heart of Dublin, with easy access to the city’s main shopping streets, including Grafton Street. The park is a beautiful green oasis in the middle of the city, providing a peaceful retreat for visitors.
- Ballsbridge – This elegant neighbourhood is known for its upscale shops, cafes, and restaurants. It’s also home to the RDS Arena, a popular venue for concerts and events.
- Portobello – This vibrant area is located just south of the city centre and offers a diverse mix of independent stores, cafes, and restaurants. It’s also home to the Grand Canal, which provides a picturesque backdrop for a leisurely stroll.
- Rathmines – This trendy neighbourhood is located just south of the city centre and offers a diverse range of independent shops, cafes, and bars. It’s also home to the Stella Cinema, a historic movie theatre that has been converted into a modern cinema with luxurious seating.
- Smithfield – This up-and-coming district is known for its creative community, with a variety of galleries, studios, and creative spaces. It’s also home to the Jameson Distillery, where visitors can learn about the history of Irish whiskey.
- Temple Bar – This historic neighbourhood is known for its lively atmosphere, with a wealth of bars, restaurants, and cafes. It’s a popular destination for nightlife, but it also offers cultural attractions like the Irish Film Institute and the Gallery of Photography. Personally, I wouldn’t stay here unless you want to be in a nightlife area.
These areas offer a variety of experiences to visitors, from bustling nightlife to peaceful green spaces. When choosing where to stay in Dublin, consider your preferences and what you hope to experience during your trip.
You’ll find Visit Dublin’s website to be a valuable resource during your Christmas trip to the city, with a wealth of information on attractions, events, and recommendations for where to stay, dine, and shop.
Map of Dublin
When it comes to where to stay in Dublin during the Christmas season, it’s important to consider your preferences and the experiences you hope to have.
Whether you’re seeking a lively atmosphere with easy access to the city’s Christmas markets or a more peaceful retreat in the heart of the city, there are many neighbourhoods that offer unique experiences to visitors.
No matter where you decide to stay, take advantage of all the festive events and attractions Dublin offers during this magical time of year.
Recommendations are independently chosen based on personal travel experiences and extensive research. This post contains affiliate links to hotels in Dublin, Ireland. This means I get a small commission from any bookings at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply